Fire Most Likely Started By Cigarettes

Cigarette smoking may have been the cause of a fire from which two people needed to be rescued. A fire in a downtown Kenosha Apartment building last Wednesday that displaced 10 people was most likely started by careless use of a cigarette. That’s according to Guy Santelli from the Kenosha Fire Department. Santelli told WLIP’s Wake Up Kenosha that smokers have a responsibility when it comes to discarding their used up cigarettes. Santelli says he recommends not smoking at all, but short of that all smoking should be done outdoors and butts should be placed in the proper receptacle.

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

DOT promises speedy repairs in Sun Prairie explosion Audit: Scholarship program cost public schools $4.1 million Woman injured by lightning strike at Country Thunder identified Wisconsin hospitals plagued by persistent drug shortages WLIP K-Town Rewind 7/20/18 More Info: Woman Hospitalized After Lightning Strike
Comments