*This schedule is subject to change due to severe weather coverage, high school sports broadcasts and Carthage College sports broadcasts. *05:00am-08:00am The Wake-Up Call with Bill Lawrence
Monday Through Friday
12:00am-04:00am Overnight America
04:00am-05:00am America In The Morning
08:00am-12:00pm The Lenny Palmer Show
12:00pm-01:00pm The K-Town Report
01:00pm-03:00pm Happenings Q&A
03:00pm-05:00pm Remembering Kenosha
05:00pm-06:00pm Lip Off with Dan and Pete
06:00pm-09:00pm The Dennis Miller Show
09:00pm-12:00mid The Jim Bohannon Show
Saturday12:00am-06:00am Good Time Rock N' Roll
06:00am-07:00am Dan Small's Outdoors Radio
07:00am-08:00am Plant Chatter with Dick Lesko
08:00am-09:30am Outdoors With Jerry and Nick
09:30am-10:00am Paid Programming
10:00am-11:00am Political Sense w/Ray Misner
11:00am-12:00pm Auto Talk with Pat Juliana 12:00pm-01:00pm Where To Play Golf
01:00pm-02:00pm TRadio – Radio Rummage Sale
02:00pm-06:00pm Rock N' Roll Never Forgets
06:00pm-08:00pm Jukebox Saturday Night
08:00pm-10:00pm The Doo-Wop Diner
10:00pm-12:00mid The Golden Age of Radio
Sunday 12:00am-06:00am Good Time Rock N Roll
06:00am-07:00am African-American Images with Elroy Reed
07:00am-11:00am Music Of The Stars
11:00am-12:00pm Kenosha Bible Church Service
12:00pm-04:00pm Music Of The Stars (Encore)
04:00pm-04:30pm Paid Programming
04:30pm-06:00pm Good Time Rock N' Roll
06:00pm-08:00pm Dr. Desctruction’s Big Top Radio Broadcast
08:00pm-12:00mid The Mothership Connection
ONLY ONE WINNER PER HOUSEHOLD IN ANY 60-DAY PERIOD FOR ON-AIR GIVEAWAYS.
PRIZE GIVEAWAYS ANNOUNCED ON-AIR ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
PRIZES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP AT THE STATION 24-HOURS FROM THE TIME OF WINNING. (UNLESS EVENT OR PRIZE IS TIME SENSITIVE)
PRIZES MUST BE PICKED UP WITHIN 30-DAYS.
PRIZE WINNERS MUST PRESENT A PHOTO ID WHEN PICKING UP THEIR PRIZE AT THE WLIP STUDIOS. THE NAME OF THE PERSON PICKING UP THE PRIZE MUST MATCH THE NAME ON THE PHOTO ID. NO ONE MAY SUBSTITUTE FOR THE WINNER WHEN PICKING UP PRIZES. THE CONTEST WINNER MUST BE PRESENT WHEN PICKING UP THEIR SPECIFIC PRIZE WON.
PRIZES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN PICKED UP WITHIN THE 30-DAY LIMIT WILL BE PUT BACK INTO CIRCULATION.
FOR PRIZES VALUED AT $600 OR MORE, THERE MAY BE ONLY ONE WINNER PER HOUSEHOLD IN ANY 2-YEAR PERIOD.
PRIZES WON AT REMOTE BROADCASTS WITH A VALUE OF LESS THAN $599 WILL NOT INVOKE THE 60-DAY RULE.
LISTENERS ARE LIMITED TO WINNING ONE PRIZE PER REMOTE BROADCAST.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PRIZES DAMAGED OR LOST UPON MAIL DELIVERY.
ANYONE WHO VIOLATES THE ABOVE RULES RISKS FUTURE PRIZE ELIGIBILITY
PRIZES CAN BE PICKED UP DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS, MONDAY THRU FRIDAY, 8AM - 5PM AT THE AM 1050 WLIP STUDIOS AT 8500 GREEN BAY ROAD, PLEASANT PRAIRIE, WI 53158. PLEASE BRING PHOTO ID TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR
AM 1050 WLIP
MARCH / APRIL 2013
1. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. All prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable. There are no substitutions. No cash value.
2. NextMedia (WIIL), along with contest sponsors cannot be held responsible if prizes become unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control.
3. Winner must present valid identification (driver’s license, birth certificate, or valid state ID) to claim prize. NextMedia (WIIL) is not required to honor other forms of identification or any driver’s license, birth certificate, or state ID that has been altered or otherwise tampered with.
4. By claiming this prize, a winner consents to the use, without further authorization of his/her name and/or likeness and/or voice for purposes of promotion and/or advertising on WIIL. Winner may be required to furnish an affidavit of eligibility and release.
5. Employees of NextMedia, and prize sponsors and their families are not eligible to win. Ineligible family members include spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children (including step-children) and cousins of employees of NextMedia and contest sponsors.
6. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. Any person found to be in violation of any of the rules may be required to forfeit his/her prize.
7. The contest consists of predicting how long a lawn tractor will run with an undetermined quantity of fuel to win a D110 John Deere Lawn Tractor. Listeners enter to win by filling out an entry sheet, with name, contact information, and a prediction of how long the lawn tractor will run, in minutes and seconds. The entrant closest to the amount of time the lawn tractor runs will win. If a tie, a random drawing will determine the winner. All entries to be entered into a spreadsheet with contact information and prediction.
8. Amount of fuel to be added to the lawn tractor will be determined at the time of the giveaway, and will be unknown to any contestant.
9. Listeners can register to win at each of the 7 participating sponsor locations. Locations outlined on WLIP.com. One entry per person, per location. Violators will be disqualified from winning. Dates of entry at sponsor locations is between 4/1 and 4/30.
10. The conclusion of the contest will occur at the Bull and Bear Eatery and Tavern in Kenosha at Noon on May 4th, 2013. On that date, an undetermined amount of fuel will be added to the lawn tractor and started. Start time and end time will be noted. The entrant with the exact or closest time will win. The lawn tractor can be put into motion and engaged at the discretion of AM 1050 WLIP. Blade will not on tractor. Tractor to be ridden by AM 1050 WLIP personalities, and to be placed in neutral when change over occurs. In case of rain or bad weather, the rescheduled date would be May 5th.
11. All Federal, State and local laws apply. Value of all packages in excess of $600 is reported to the Internal Revenue Service as additional income. The guitar is valued at $1,699.99. If the winner refuses to pay tax on the prize package, another winner will be chosen through random drawing. The winner has the option to upgrade to another model at an additional cost.
12. Entrants need not be present at the contest conclusion to win. Winner will be contacted if not present.
13. AM 1050 WLIP is not responsible for transportation of the lawn tractor.
General hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (some evening/weekends)
Education: College Degree Preferred
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven sales success preferred. Self-starter with sense of urgency. Organized, attentive to detail, can handle multiple tasks with prompt follow-through to customers and company. Creative, customer-focused, asks key questions; listens and responds accordingly. Results oriented. Honesty, ethics and integrity are of paramount importance. Ability to interact and influence others in a positive manner while learning and working in a fast-paced, successful team environment.
Experience: Prior radio sales experience preferred, sales of other media or other products/services will be considered.
• Minimum of 3 set appointments per day
• Maintains a minimum of 50 accounts each month
• Maintains complete files for each client
• Has an average of 15 accounts on the air each month
• Collects receivables before they exceed 90 days
• Performs client needs through situation analysis
• Develops written proposals and marketing plans for clients
• Understands basic programming goals
• Acknowledges and accepts accountability in attainment of stations budget goals
E-mail(no phone calls) cover letter and resume to:
Karl Wertzler, General Manager email@example.com
Applicants must be at least 18 years old, have a clean driving record, a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and should be able to lift at least 50 pounds. A flexible/open schedule is preferred. Promotion Assistants work approximately 10-20 hours per week. Must be available evenings and weekends. Local applicants preferred. Responsibilities inclue representing the station on the streets at remotes and appearances, driving company vehicles, operating broadcast equipment and public relations functions. For more info, contact Stuart J. Wattles firstname.lastname@example.org
95 WIIL ROCK/AM 1050 WLIP is seeking student intern(s) for the Programming & Promotions Departments. This will be a great experience for students interested in the radio industry.
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for internships. You MUST be enrolled full-time in a college or university program for the specific purpose of gaining a degree. Please send a letter from the college you are attending certifying that you are getting credit for the internship. Internships are unpaid, and interns must receive academic credit for the work performed at the station. Interns must be able to commute to station during the scheduled hours required during the internship.
Interns will work at on-site events/remotes, which includes the set-up and breakdown of the promotional 'booth' and equipment. Office duties include calling winners, filing, faxing, and setting up and maintaining web site contesting. Must be able to work with the public and have a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. Interns must be outgoing, personable, and have strong customer service and follow through skills. Computer Skills a PLUS!!
Interested candidates with majors in communication, broadcasting, journalism, marketing, design, video & audio editing, business and related fields of study may apply. Please submit a cover letter along with a resume detailing your experience to Stuart J. Wattles, 8500 Green Bay Road, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158 or email your package to email@example.com
(Please-NO PHONE CALLS)