Weather Alert

Duplex Fire Leaves 5 People Displaced

RACINE, WI–A house fire in Racine left around $90,000 in damage. The flames broke out in a duplex near the 17-hundred block of Grange Avenue around noon yesterday.

Officials say the fire ignited from candles left unattended. Five people-including an elderly woman and a 2 year old child- from two residences were able to escape without injuries.

A pet bearded dragon survived the blaze as well. The damage to the building is estimated around $70,000 and about 20-thousand dollars damage to items inside. The Red Cross assisted the displaced residents.

Connect With Us Listen To Us On