KENOSHA, WI–The owners of a popular sushi restaurant in Kenosha vow to reopen. Soon’s Sushi Cafe in the Columbus Park neighborhood, went up in flames Sunday night.
Kenosha Fire Chief Chuck Leipzig told WLIP’s Wake Up Kenosha that the culprit was oil from a dish that had been prepared earlier is the night and then left out to set. Somehow the still-hot oil ignited.
Leipzig says it was difficult to determine the source of the blaze.
Still Leipzig was that the building can be salvaged.
Soon’s has been open at that location for almost two decades.