Weather Alert

‘You inhaled it’: Man inhales drill bit during dental visit

An Illinois man inhaled a drill bit during a routine dental visit — and then ended up at the hospital, where doctors removed it with a rare medical procedure.

Tom Jozsi said he was at the dentist getting his tooth filled when he was told he swallowed a tool.

A CT scan showed he actually inhaled the 1-inch drill bit, and it was deep in his lung. Dr. Abdul Alraiyes at Aurora Medical Center-Kenosha said the bit was so deep, normal scopes couldn’t reach it.

So the medical team used a device designed for early detection of cancer, and they were able to remove the object last month.

Jozsi now keeps the drill bit displayed on a shelf at home.



Connect With Us Listen To Us On